SAVE THE DATES:
Free CME webinars coming in 2024!
New OPPA MEMBER- ONLY BENEFIT for you in 2024! You must be an OPPA member to participate in these FREE CME WEBINARS! Additional WEBINARScoming soon!
MEDICAL MARIJUANA: HIGH RISK?
Tuesday January 9, 2024 7:00 pm
The Professional Risk Management Society (PRMS) is hosting a FREE one-hour CME webi- nar for OPPA Members only on Tuesday, January 9, 2024 beginning at 7:00 p.m.
YOUR PATIENT’S GENDER IDENTITY AND EXPRESSION MATTERS
Tuesday, March 12, 2024 7:00 pm
The American Professional Agency, Inc. (APA, Inc.) is hosting a FREE one-hour CME webinar for OPPA Members only on Friday, January 12, 2024 beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- Understand the federal government’s posi- tion on medical marijuana and its impact in psychiatry
- Discuss the professional liability risks associ- ated with medical marijuana,
- Identify risk management strategies to in- crease patient safety and decrease profes- sional liability exposure.
- Describe key terminology related to sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.
- Evaluate why it is important to acknowledge a patient’s gender identity and expression as part of their mental health care.
- Apply risk mitigation strategies when treat- ing this subset of patients to decrease liabil- ity of a malpractice action or licensing board complaint.
Further details along with links to register for these free webinars will be sent to OPPA members closer to the date of the webinar. In the meantime, mark your calendar and be sure to pay your 2024 membership dues to participate in this free webinar series.
Since 1986, Professional Risk Management Services (PRMS) has specialized in medical professional liability insurance for individual healthcare providers and group practices. As a national program, PRMS is committed to serving the needs of behavioral healthcare professionals through our comprehensive program that includes cus- tomized insurance products, preeminent risk manage- ment services and unparalleled claims and litigation expertise.
American Professional Agency, Inc. began opera- tions in 1940 focusing on professional liability insurance with special emphasis in the mental health field, APA Inc. has grown to be the largest writer of mental health pro- fessional liability insurance in the United States. With approximately 100,000 policyholders, APA Inc. ranks in the top 100 insurance brokerages in the country. Our state of the art computer system is constantly upgraded to meet the needs of our clients using the most compre- hensive software programs in the agency field.